Monday, March 9, 2009

Vague Apprehension

Today is Holi, which, in India anyway, is a festival of color where literally everyone throws dyes at everyone. In Nepal, it's more common practice to simply throw water or water balloons, but I hear there will be some color mixed in as well.

As I speak, there are screams and roars coming in through my closed windows, The Scorpions' "Rock You Like a Hurricane" is being blasted at an obscene volume from an unknown location, and my dad got chased by little girls with a bucket of water on the way to his massage this morning, shortly before getting pegged with a water balloon from a balcony.

We're spending the day at DNC, but I don't think that means our experience will any more sedate.

Also, sorry, but I doubt there will be any photos. For obvious reasons.

I'll post a detailed update later.

-Carey

p.s. quick update: current music blasting through the streets is a techno remix of Stand By Me.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could be there for Holi! that is so cool :) even though its water instead of colors like in India...I hope you stayed dry! haha...or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well...i still got colored haha. and soaked. excessively.

    ReplyDelete