Monday, March 9, 2009

Dictated by Health

I suppose I’ll eventually have a proper blog update, but in its stead, I figured I’d go ahead and plot out the day’s events for your reading entertainment.

-I started the day out with a nice, mild cough and feeling as if I’d had the back of my throat belt-sanded throughout the night. I realized this might be partially due to a lack of sleep, as a lone mosquito spent the night in my room. I received only one bite (on my finger, of all places) because I’m pretty sure that I didn’t actually sleep because I was too worried about waking with a hundred bites and a mosquito the size of a hamster to deal with. So, I wiled away the hours tossing and turning, and trying my best to ignore the muted ‘zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz’ that would occasionally buzz past my ear, causing me to flail madly before falling back into some semblance of half-sleep. I also had a fairly serious concern regarding the results of a mosquito crawling inside my ear and into my brain. While this image was no doubt enhanced by my lack of sleep, it also did little to remedy that situation and lull me off to snoozeland.

-I woke with electricity, which had kindly been switched on from 4am to 8am. By the time my dad and I both woke up, we had enough time left with electricity to make toast and write a single email. The toast was very good.

-I had a fine bucket bath, but I also had a shave, and I’m not entirely satisfied with it.

-I elected to stay home today and nurse my belt-sanded throat, and in doing so, clearly limited the day’s activities, which were as follows: read, drink water, eat, watch top gear, concoct elaborate schemes concerning the fate of the offices of RR’s internet provider, and eat some more.

-I finished my book today, which was a fairly gruesome murder mystery. While it was very good, reading 200 pages of rape, gore and gritty LA underbelly in one go can have a somewhat...numbing effect on the brain. And I say the book was very good, because it was. But I’m also frustrated because I can tell that the ending of this book was extremely significant, profound, and metaphoric. But for the life of me, I cannot understand one damn single part of it. At the very least, the story was a page turner.

-I’ve watched two episodes of Top Gear which did little more than to make me hope that when I get home, my car’s battery isn’t dead, and my tires aren’t flat. Both of these are, however, quite likely.

-The internet worked for the ten minutes I had to use it this morning. The power came on today at noon or thereabouts. The internet then worked for approximately ten minutes after that, and beyond that, I was unable to do...anything. So I gave up and watched, as previously mentioned, a couple episodes of Top Gear. However, once I was done with that, I discovered that my computer would not even connect wirelessly to the router, much less access the internet. So, I find myself currently sitting on the stairs in RR’s house, hard-wired to the router with a cable roughly the length of my leg. If I only had a cushion...

On the positive side, I’ve gotten to spend all day in my pajamas, and my throat feels as though it’s now simply clogged with feathers, which is an improvement.

When my dad gets home with the camera and IF there’s internet later, I’ll upload photos and write a quip about yesterday’s events.

Til then,

-Carey

No comments:

Post a Comment