Monday, February 23, 2009

Dhulikhel Trip Day 3 + Bhaktapur

Hi Everyone,

Still playing catch-up. I'll be quick about our last day around Dhulikhel, and may or may not get photos uploaded.

The day began with breakfast, and then a walk to downtown Dhulikhel, led by Mitralal. I didn't go. I don't remember why. But my dad took some great photos!

After this event, much of the group went straight to a Rotary meeting, and everyone else had a nice, relaxing afternoon.

When everyone had returned, we went to Sanjewani School and distributed talking watches to the blind students there, and were treated with singing performances by Namrata and a blind student at the school. Photos included!

Following this, we visited scenic (and touristy) Bhaktapur, City of Devotees. I've posted some photos of this as well, and they are far more interesting than anything I might describe in words here, especially given my current state of fatigue.

We then began the half hour bus ride back to Kathmandu, where each member of the group went to a different Nepali Rotarian's house for a traditional dinner, and I attended a jam session.

That's about it!

Dhulikhel Trip Day 3 + Bhaktapur


-Carey

No comments:

Post a Comment