Thursday, October 10, 2013

(More than) halfway there

Most people that know me are aware of my general disdain for air travel. Comedians seem to find the humor in it. I usually find the misery (see: As a teen, sleeping on a cot at O'Hare in an office without a light switch and an airline attendant who treated jumbo jets as inspiration for snoring volume.

So, you can imagine my surprise at being pleased as punch with the first leg of our journey. I'm glad that international travel still seems to pay homage to the storied mythology of the likes of '60s-era PanAm. Amenities that made my 12-hour stint of sitting in a tube over the Pacific Ocean somewhat pleasant:

- Free refreshing towelette thingies.
- Free movies (WE WATCHED THREE).
- Food. Not "food." Food. Edible meals. With complimentary wine.
- Enough legroom for an entire femur or two.
- Complimentary beverage service every couple hours (not for $1.95 a pop, I'm looking at you, Frontier Airlines).

Anywho. Back onto a semi normal schedule, and off to Nepal in a couple hours!

-Carey

P.S. - see obligatory flying photos, and my home for twelve hours.
P.P.S. - I had a goal of not bringing a laptop on this trip, so all blogging and photo work is being done on a tablet. I'm proofing, but please forgive the typos and lower-resolution photos for now.

2 comments: