Monday, October 29, 2012

Trekkers - Here We Go!

It's Saturday morning and in just a few short hours our small but mighty group of TRIFC trekkers will head off on their Annapurna Base Camp adventure!  For the past 5 months our group has been training hard hiking together, laughing together, and raising awareness and funds (almost $15,000 as of today) to support TRIFC's mission.  It's also been a bumpy road these last few months as we lost some participants due to life getting in the way, and most recently due to a family medical emergency.  We are sad to not be traveling with our original group but those of us remaining will still have an amazing time.  I can't wait to witness the experience and emotions from our trekkers as they visit Nepal for the first time!  I know my first visit completely changed my life 12 years ago.  

We also very excited to visit the projects that TRIFC is funding and to meet these amazing children in person. And of course I can't forget about the puppet show we'll be putting on!  That should be fun and I'm sure quite comical!  Let's see if I can get some video of that!  :)

I hope to be able to blog a little from the road/trail, but do not know if I will have any internet access once we're on the trail.  Please check back for updates though just in case! 

Lastly, I'd like to send lots of love and say a huge THANK YOU to all of our family and friends that have helped and supported us through this journey and helped make this experience possible.

Namaste!

Stephanie & the ABC trekkers

No comments:

Post a Comment