Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Home is where...I am

With the aid of advanced technology such as fancy touchscreens and Madagascar 2, my final flight from Incheon International Airport in South Korea passed largely without a hitch.

Descending into the Seattle area at around noon, I was staggered. I could see the ground, there was water (and it was blue), there were real cloud formations, and 'mountains' (large hills now) miles and miles away that I could see just as clearly as if I was on them.

As I was checking my tire pressure yesterday, it started raining, and I didn't care in the slightest. It was fantastic.

My cough is subsiding. I took a hot shower. There was electricity all day. My cell phone works beautifully.

To all of my Nepali comrades reading this, my point is not to 'rub it in.' It's just that the people in Seattle take things like clean air, and above all, rain, for granted. And rain is wonderful.

I'll never forget this trip, nor the friends I've made. I hope to go back again someday soon.

//SHAMELESS PLUG//

If you enjoyed reading this blog at least a little bit, then you might enjoy what I'm planning next. This summer, I'm planning on taking a road trip across much of the USA, and spending as little money as possible. I'll be taking a fancy camera with me, seeing sights, camping, and hopefully encountering silly things to write about.

Look for signs of it around June and July.

//END SHAMELESS PLUG//

Until then, thank you all so much for joining my dad and I on our journey.

All the best,

Carey Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment